Dr. Harris has accumulated over 4 decades of skills and medical knowledge concerning birds, reptiles, and exotic mammals. In addition to caring for regular patients, Dr. Harris’s passion now is to extend his knowledge experience to other veterinarians and exotic animal caretakers, as well as individuals who have limited resources in the midst of the “new world”. In light of his dedication to do so, all fees are negotiable for onsite consulting services to universities, veterinary hospitals, wildlife rehabilitation centers, private or commercial exotic animal collections, etc. Expenses such as airfare, lodging, meals, etc. will always be directly passed through to clients. Teleconsultation fees depend on the level of involvement desired; rarely will advise be given without the intent of involving local veterinarians.
Consulting services include, but are not limited to,
- Lectures and/or workshops for veterinary schools
- Onsite training to veterinary practices (anywhere) regarding practice management and medical care for birds and exotic species
- “House calls” for special situations that cannot be managed at local clinics
- Onsite visits to animal parks, large private collections, and wildlife rehabilitation centers for direction with husbandry and medical care
- Lectures on all aspects of avian veterinary medicine and husbandry at veterinary conferences, wildlife rehabilitation centers, and pet bird organizations.
- Counseling to colleagues regarding basic medicine and husbandry
- Second opinions to colleagues regarding specific medical cases
For regular hospital appointments call 305-661-2573.
For information on consultations, onsite or via telemedicine, contact Dr. Harris directly at email@example.com .
* Please note, it is impossible to adequately assess medical conditions without direct, hands-on examination. Opinions to owners regarding cases not personally attended by Dr. Harris will be limited to suggested diagnostic approaches, locating competent local veterinarians, etc. Definitive diagnoses and treatments will rarely, if ever, be offered.